I am from Iran. I did my undergrad (2005) and Master of Science (2008) at Najafabad University and Ferdowsi University, respectively. I worked as a teacher and researcher for four years afterwards. I started my PhD program in 2012 at University of Victoria.
What is your research about and why are you excited about your projects?
I am currently a member of the RIGI research group in Computer Science department. My research is currently focused on context based face recognition for smart applications. In addition to that project, I’m also interested in Machine Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, smart applications, Self-adaptive System.
I am really excited about my research for tow reasons: first, I get to use my knowledge of control theory, fuzzy systems, pattern recognition, neural networks, and image processing to my project. Second, I get to do interesting things all day and get paid for it.
What do you like to do outside of research and academics?
- Long distance walking
- Designing creative decorative objects
What are your career goals and future plans?
I’d like to end up in any research lab, where I can keep working on my research and collaborate with other researchers and experts in my field.
- J. Muñoz-Fernández, A. Knauss, L. Castañeda, M. Becker, M. Derakhshanmanesh, R. Heinrich, N. Taherimakhsousi: Capturing Ambiguity in Artifacts to Support Requirements Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems, REFSQ-2017 Workshops, 2017. Read Article
- A. Bergen, N. Taherimakhsousi: Software Energy Optimization in the Cloud. In Proceedings Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON 2016), ACM, pp. 243-249, 2016. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, H.A. Müller: Context-aware real-time video analytics. In Proceedings Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON 2015), pp. 223-226, Nov. 2015. Read Article
- A. Bergen, N. Taherimakhsousi, H.A. Müller: Adaptive management of energy consumption using adaptive runtime models. In Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (SEAMS 2015), ACM, pp. 120-126, 2015. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, H.A. Müller: Location-based Face Recognition Using Smart Mobile Device Sensors. In Proceedings International Conference on Computer and Information Science and Technology (CIST 2015), IEEE, pp. 111-6, 2015. Read Article
- A. Knauss, J. Muñoz-Fernández, L. Castañeda, M. Becker, M. Derakhshanmanesh, N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Heinrich, Artifact-Centric Requirements Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems. Report from the GI Dagstuhl Seminar 14433: Software Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems. pp.7, 2014. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, H.A. Müller: Context-based face recognition for smart web tasking applications. In Proceedings 2nd Workshop on Personalized Web-Tasking (PWT 2014) at Tenth IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2014), IEEE, pp. 21-23, 2014. Read Article
- A. Bergen, N. Taherimakhsousi, P. Jain, L. Castañeda, H.A Müller: Dynamic context extraction in personal communication applications, Proceedings Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON 2013), pp. 261-273, Nov. 2013. Read Article
- S. Khaleghian, N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Ebrahimpour, A. Hajiany: View-Independent Face Recognition with RBF Gating in Mixture of Experts Method by Teacher-Directed Learning, Technological Developments in Education and Automation, Book Chapter, pp. 413-418, Springer, 2010. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Ebrahimpour, A. Hajiany: Face recognition based on neuro-fuzzy system. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 9 No. 4 pp. 319-326, 2009. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Ebrahimpour: View-independent face recognition with biological features based on mixture of experts, International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA 2009), IEEE, pp. 1425-1429, 2009. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Ebrahimpour, A. Hajiany, G. Sepidnam: A modified Mixture of FMLP Experts for face recognition, Seventh IEEE International Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems (CIS 2008), IEEE, pp. 1-6, 2008. Read Article
- N. Taherimakhsousi, R. Ebrahimpour, A. Hajiany, G. Sepidnam: A modified Mixture of MLP Experts for face recognition, International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition (IPCV 2008), pp. 740-745, 2008. Read Article