Context-Based Face Recognition
Face recognition is a challenging computational task, which assigns identity to detected faces. There has been prodigious improvement on face recognition in recent years. At first, researchers were focused on face recognition under controlled conditions. Facilitated by classic databases, research was geared towards face representations invariant to changes in pose, facial expression, and illumination. Despite their initial success, there is still substantial progress possible for face recognition in less-controlled or uncontrolled conditions, such as in personal photo collections, web images and videos, and on-line social networks. Searching over a large set of images will only amplify such difficulties. These have sparked research into more robust face recognition methods. This research uses context-based approaches for uncontrolled condition face recognition systems to investigate context-awareness techniques on databases, detection processes, and face recognition processes.
- Nina Taherimakhsousi (email@example.com)
- Hausi A. Müller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Talks and Posters
- Context-based Face Recognition for Smart Application, Software Engineering for Self-Adaptive Systems, GI-Dagstuhl Seminar 14433, October 19 – 24, 2014. Read Abstract
- Context-based face recognition for smart web tasking applications. 2nd Workshop on Personalized Web-Tasking at IEEE SERVICES, June 27- July 2, 2014. Read Abstract
- Context-based Face Recognition, The Consortium for Software Engineering Research (CSER) 2014 Spring, May 5 - 6, 2014.
- Face recognition system, Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON 2013) Technology Showcases, Smart Interactions, November 18 - 20, 2013. Read Abstract
- Location-based face recognition, Consortium for Software Engineering Research (CSER), Fall 2013. Read Abstract
- Real-time video-based face recognition system. Smart Applications on Virtual Infrastructure (SAVI) Testbed & AGM Workshop, July 4-5, 2013.Read Abstract
- N. Taherimakhsousi, H.A. Müller: Context-based face recognition for smart web tasking applications. In Proceedings 2nd Workshop on Personalized Web-Tasking (PWT 2014) at Tenth IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2014), IEEE, pp. 21-23, 2014. Read Article
- A. Bergen, N. Taherimakhsousi, P. Jain, L. Castañeda, H.A Müller: Dynamic context extraction in personal communication applications, Proceedings Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research (CASCON 2013), pp. 261-273, Nov. 2013. Read Article